02 Jan Why Veganuary?
Irregardless Cafe, which has been offering vegan meals every day since it opened in 1975, invites you to sample some of its vegan options this month – including all-vegan specials from January 8 – February 3, 2019. The Cafe’s regular menu options will remain available to guests.
• Health – it is rated the healthiest diet for heart, diabetes, brain health, and promotes weight loss.
• Environment – eating ‘lower on the food chain’ is the ‘single biggest way’ we can reduce greenhouse gas emission, reduce pollution, save water and prevent deforestation.
• Feeds the world – has the potential of ending hunger by making food more affordable for the poor in developing countries.
• Welfare of animals – ends agri-business’ abuse and exploitation of farm animals
• Affordability – saves money on grocery bills, vegan foods don’t cost as much as meat and dairy.
Celebrities who follow a vegan lifestyle:
* Vegan – or commonly referred to as “plant-based” foods— is a term for foods that contain no meat, eggs or dairy