14 Feb 14 Important Things Wedding Planners Do For You
As the EXCITEMENT becomes manageable and you have gotten used to that beautiful ring on your finger, now it is time to think: What’s next?
‘Who should be invited? What should I wear? How will I manage my new in-laws?’
Since you only do this once (hopefully!) there are people who have made making the perfect wedding a career. A professional wedding planner is a person that assists with the planning, designing and overseeing in order to make this a perfect day.
Here are some of the major tasks you can expect a wedding planner to tackle:
Before the Big Day
- Set up a reasonable budget
- Handle contracts so you can focus on fun stuff
- Select a venue and corresponding designs
- Work out a guest list and decide on the wedding party
- Assist with handling RSVPs
- Book your favorite vendors for music, food, cake, photography and entertainment
- Creates an itinerary for the whole day
The Big Day
- Become a liaison between you and the venue, vendors, and the many working parts
- Follow itinerary to the “T” to make sure your wedding is perfect
- Manage/oversee the venue and all functions so you can enjoy yourself
- Fix any “uh-oh” moment that could distract you from having a great time
- Ensure the venue is satisfied with cleanliness after the completion of the event
- Collect belongings/cards/gifts that may have been left
- End the night with a wonderful exit to send you away
This isn’t the planner’s wedding; it’s yours. While the planner may advocate or make suggestions the final decision is your call. Planners may even assist with the honeymoon planning to create a smooth transition from the wedding day to your vacation! The planner’s ultimate job is to help create, from start to finish, a successful wedding for you and your spouse.
For any wedding or catering & event service requests, please visit irregardlesscatering.com or call 919-610-0872.